Welcome to the blog for Southern Star Mini Aussies, now also known as Miniature American Shepherds, affectionally called "Wiggle Butts". This is a wonderful breed that is very intelligent, loyal and can be somewhat active and may be reserved with strangers. Many excel in performance events such as herding, agility, disc dog, flyball, dock diving, rally, conformation, and enjoy most being your best buddy. Mini Aussies range in size from 14"-18" top of shoulder and 20-40lbs. The smaller versions are referred to as Toy Aussies. These fur-kids are very much like potato chips and you can't have just one. If you would like to be owned by an Aussie, we would love to talk to you.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Puppies Started Leaving the Nest Yesterday :(

Kid Rock aka "Quinn" was the first to go, followed by Daughtry aka; "Tucker" this morning...  My camera is not working real well and I missed the pictures of thier departure...
The first follow up letter is in....

Hi, Leslie

Thought you might be wondering how Master Quinn is doing.  First of all...let me thank you for the amazing way you raise your puppies.  This little guy is so well adjusted I'm thinkin' the rest of us might need counseling.  He took to his new surroundings surprisingly well; very quiet last night. Of course my husband wakes naturally about 4:00.  When I realized Quinn had not made a sound at all during the night, I was afraid I had somehow killed him.  No worries, though. He was very sleepy in his kennel and looked at us as if we had some problem with our sight as it was still dark outside. But, when I put him back to bed when Wayne left, he found his inner puppy and let me know he wasn't happy with the situation.  He definitely has good lungs lol... after a bit he quieted down and we all went back to sleep. 

He and Sookie are doing well.  She is a little possessive, mostly about Wayne, but we are working through it and they are getting acquainted and beginning to play.  Frankly, I don't think Sookie can decide if she is suppose to defend against him, befriend him or mother him.  I'm sure she will come to the right decision soon.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have Quinn in our family. He has already captured our hearts and we can't wait for all the adventures to come. 

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment