Welcome to the blog for Southern Star Mini Aussies, now also known as Miniature American Shepherds, affectionally called "Wiggle Butts". This is a wonderful breed that is very intelligent, loyal and can be somewhat active and may be reserved with strangers. Many excel in performance events such as herding, agility, disc dog, flyball, dock diving, rally, conformation, and enjoy most being your best buddy. Mini Aussies range in size from 14"-18" top of shoulder and 20-40lbs. The smaller versions are referred to as Toy Aussies. These fur-kids are very much like potato chips and you can't have just one. If you would like to be owned by an Aussie, we would love to talk to you.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update on Yahtzee aka Piper (sister to Cash on my site)

Hi there! It has been quite some time since I have updated you about Piper (formerly Yatzee from your kennel). I have had Piper for over 2 years now and she is a wonderful part of our family. Piper and I love to play frisbee and she is really good at it! Rarely does she not catch one and if she does miss it is usually because of a poor throw by me. Whenever we go into the backyard the first thing she does is get her frisbee and run over and drop it at my foot. More recently I have discovered that she loves to play soccer. My mother-in-law ramdomly purchased some plastic balls from Walmart one day and threw them in the backyard for the dogs to play with and now Piper loves to chase and heard the balls all over the yard with her head and nose. It is really funny to watch and she will go non-stop. She really likes when I throw the ball in the air so she can jump up and do a header to hit the ball even higher into the air and then chase it. She will even head the ball right back to you like we are playing catch. Any way just wanted to let you know that all is well and we are having a great time here in Houston. I will try and update more often when I can.
 
Sincerely,
 
Robin and Piper
 
P.S. I have attached a couple of pictures of Piper. One is her jumping up playing soccer and heading the ball and the other is her just looking cute.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment